Using Python to Query MySQL over the Net
Python is a wonderful language. The MySQL module makes it easy to create small programs to retrieve data from a MySQL database. Python is also great for CGI scripting. Thus, having a database available to study through the web browser is just several lines of code away.
The application I have shown here is rather limited. The user can only search for five variables and in a fixed way, predetermined by the HTML form. However, it is conceivable for the user to write his or her own database queries through a textarea input field and view the query results on-line. In fact, the possibilities are limited only by the programmer's imagination.
- Bruce Nikkel's Practical Forensic Imaging (No Starch Press)
- Transitioning to Python 3
- Progress on Privacy
- Stepping into Science
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Radio Free Linux
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution