Using Python to Query MySQL over the Net
Python is a wonderful language. The MySQL module makes it easy to create small programs to retrieve data from a MySQL database. Python is also great for CGI scripting. Thus, having a database available to study through the web browser is just several lines of code away.
The application I have shown here is rather limited. The user can only search for five variables and in a fixed way, predetermined by the HTML form. However, it is conceivable for the user to write his or her own database queries through a textarea input field and view the query results on-line. In fact, the possibilities are limited only by the programmer's imagination.
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- OpenSSL Hacks
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!