Best of Technical Support
When I try to send anything to the printer, I get Job is queued, but cannot start dæmon. I can print by sending text directly to the printer with cat, but it won't start the dæmon. lpc status shows no dæmons started. I've set up printers many times before, but I've never run into this problem. I've tried removing and reinstalling the lpr package and all of the other tricks I've read. Even—Jim Jerzycke, firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure that the printer spooler dæmon is running. With SuSE you'll want to make sure that the file /etc/rc.config includes the line
If it is not there, or if it is set to no, you should make the change, and then run—Robert Connoy, email@example.com
- Is the Private Cloud a Real Cloud?
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal