Best of Technical Support
When I try to send anything to the printer, I get Job is queued, but cannot start dæmon. I can print by sending text directly to the printer with cat, but it won't start the dæmon. lpc status shows no dæmons started. I've set up printers many times before, but I've never run into this problem. I've tried removing and reinstalling the lpr package and all of the other tricks I've read. Even—Jim Jerzycke, firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure that the printer spooler dæmon is running. With SuSE you'll want to make sure that the file /etc/rc.config includes the line
If it is not there, or if it is set to no, you should make the change, and then run—Robert Connoy, email@example.com
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|My Humble Little Game Collection||May 28, 2015|
|New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality||May 27, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat||May 26, 2015|
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
- New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality
- My Humble Little Game Collection
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.