Best of Technical Support
When I try to send anything to the printer, I get Job is queued, but cannot start dæmon. I can print by sending text directly to the printer with cat, but it won't start the dæmon. lpc status shows no dæmons started. I've set up printers many times before, but I've never run into this problem. I've tried removing and reinstalling the lpr package and all of the other tricks I've read. Even—Jim Jerzycke, email@example.com
Make sure that the printer spooler dæmon is running. With SuSE you'll want to make sure that the file /etc/rc.config includes the line
If it is not there, or if it is set to no, you should make the change, and then run—Robert Connoy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...