Best of Technical Support
When I try to send anything to the printer, I get Job is queued, but cannot start dæmon. I can print by sending text directly to the printer with cat, but it won't start the dæmon. lpc status shows no dæmons started. I've set up printers many times before, but I've never run into this problem. I've tried removing and reinstalling the lpr package and all of the other tricks I've read. Even—Jim Jerzycke, email@example.com
Make sure that the printer spooler dæmon is running. With SuSE you'll want to make sure that the file /etc/rc.config includes the line
If it is not there, or if it is set to no, you should make the change, and then run—Robert Connoy, firstname.lastname@example.org
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
|Android Candy: Oyster—Netflix for Books!||Aug 07, 2014|
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Linux Security Threats on the Rise
- IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014