Managing Initscripts with Red Hat's chkconfig
Apr 01, 2001 By Jimmy Ball
A simple but quite useful addition to your administration command vocabulary.
Hopefully, you've seen the benefits of Red Hat's chkconfig utility for managing initscripts. While its functionality seems simple, the timesaving benefits makes chkconfig an administrator's command worth committing to memory.
Jimmy Ball is an instructor with Batky-Howell, Inc. where he teaches UNIX, Perl and Java courses. He can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- It Actually Is Rocket Science