Managing Initscripts with Red Hat's chkconfig
Apr 01, 2001 By Jimmy Ball
A simple but quite useful addition to your administration command vocabulary.
Hopefully, you've seen the benefits of Red Hat's chkconfig utility for managing initscripts. While its functionality seems simple, the timesaving benefits makes chkconfig an administrator's command worth committing to memory.
Jimmy Ball is an instructor with Batky-Howell, Inc. where he teaches UNIX, Perl and Java courses. He can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- New Products
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013