VA Linux now offers Debian GNU/Linux software, version 2.2, on its 2200 series 2U Internet servers, along with technical support, services and free updates through the Internet. VA Linux is the first major server vendor to pre-install and support Debian. Automatic software updates are available using apt-get from a company-maintained web site that will identify security updates, software dependencies and enhancements.
Contact: VA Linux Systems, Inc., 47071 Bayside Parkway, Fremont, California 94538, 877-VA-LINUX (toll free), firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.valinux.com/.
In collaboration with Enhanced Software Technologies (EST), Overland Data announced that the AIT LibraryPro is certified Linux-compatible. LibraryPro can be scaled up to nine modules for a maximum configuration of 8.55 treabytes native capacity (22.2 TB with compression) and throughput of 388 gigabytes per hour (1.0TB with compression) using Sony AIT-2 drives. EST operates the Linux tape drive certification program to demonstrate compatability.
Contact: Overland Data, Inc., 8975 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, California 92123-1599, 800-729-8725 (toll free), email@example.com, http://www.overlanddata.com/.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Web Administration Scripts
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
4 hours 14 min ago
4 hours 33 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
4 hours 58 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
5 hours 11 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
10 hours 50 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
11 hours 25 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
11 hours 53 min ago
13 hours 48 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
15 hours 8 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
17 hours 41 min ago