What were people talking about in June and early July? Below is a sampling of some of the hotter news stories over the past few weeks, as reported in “The Rookery”, Linux Journal's on-line source for news, notes, quotes and reports from the field (updated daily and found at our web site, http://www.linuxjournal.com/):
Marc Ewing and Frank Batten Jr. selling off large numbers of RHAT stock.
Oracle paying private investigators to spy on Microsoft.
An oil spill off the coast of South Africa has endangering a population of approximately 14,000 Jackass penguins.
Red Hat's deal with Dell.
Intel jumping on the Internet Appliance bandwagon.
The release of the CVS repository for the XFree86 development source tree—made available through SourceForge.
SRO jumping on the Linux bandwagon.
Poor Corel, part 2!
Bob Geldof's site running Linux.
The release of StarOffice 5.2
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- RSS Feeds