The TimeSys Linux/RT 1.0 is a real-time version of the Linux OS and a distribution which includes subsystems that offer a scalable and innovative approach to meeting real-time and quality of service constraints. Developers can combine these subsystems to handle a variety of application requirements, from small footprint to full-featured architectures. The distribution is available for free download from the Web and in three different editions (Standard, Deluxe, Professional) for purchase, all of which come with limited installation support.
Contact: TimeSys Corporation, 4516 Henry St., Pittsburgh, PA 15213, 888-432-TIME, 412-681-5522, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.timesys.com/.
Linux 1-2-3 Fundamentals is the first disk of computer-based training in a series of open-source educational products. The interactive CBT is a tutorial designed to introduce one to the Linux OS. Topics range from file systems, shells and file security to command-line mail, GUI and KDE. The learning environment of Linux 1-2-3 Fundamentals does not assume the student is a Linux (or UNIX) expert. The CD comes with the Red Hat, Mandrake and SuSE distributions, provided by a partnership with LinuxCentral, an e-commerce web site.
Contact: OmniLinux, 39465 Paseo Padre Pkwy. #2900, Fremont, CA 94538, 510-249-1060 ext. 311, 520-563-1070 (fax), email@example.com, http://www.omnilinux.com/.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Linux Systems Administrator