In issue 67's “Best of Technical Support”, Sam Hart said he was concerned about security because the average user could read the lilo.conf file and get the LILO passwords from it. Two suggestions were to put the lilo.conf on floppy (reasonable) or modify the source code of LILO (okay if you want to do much more work than necessary).
The simplest solution is to just use chmod on lilo.conf and its directory. This is, in fact, what the LILO documentation says to do.
—Michael James Obrien firstname.lastname@example.org
In the November article “Using Java Servlets with Database Connectivity”, Bruce McDonald talks about IBM's Servlet Express. The product is now called WebSphere and has been for quite some time. WebSphere supports the newest versions of Apache and IBM HTTP Server. If you are on the Windows NT platform, it supports even more web servers. It seems your information on the IBM products is not up to date. Please see http://www.software.ibm.com/ for more information.
—Jakob Carstensen email@example.com
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- New Products
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- New Products
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- RSS Feeds
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie