Letters to the Editor
It was fun to read the review for the Helius DirectPC router. However, you could have tested the download speed easily. I had the same problem with my ADSL connection—frequently, the Web at large would be the bottleneck. To get a better idea of what your real pipe to the Internet is, set up multiple downloads from multiple sites. Sum the throughput of the varied connections, and you'll get an idea of what your incoming connection can support.
—Michael Rasmussen email@example.com
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Firefox OS