Dynamic Graphics and Personalization
Last month, we saw how to create simple dynamic stock graphs using the GIFgraph package. This month, we saw how such dynamically created graphics can fit into a larger application, allowing users to see information about their stock portfolios. The combination of a relational database, mod_perl and GIFgraph makes it possible to create such a simple application in under 400 lines of code. You can undoubtedly think of many other applications in which dynamically created graphics would be useful—let your imagination go wild!
- Is the Private Cloud a Real Cloud?
- Open Axiom
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal