Dynamic Graphics and Personalization
Last month, we saw how to create simple dynamic stock graphs using the GIFgraph package. This month, we saw how such dynamically created graphics can fit into a larger application, allowing users to see information about their stock portfolios. The combination of a relational database, mod_perl and GIFgraph makes it possible to create such a simple application in under 400 lines of code. You can undoubtedly think of many other applications in which dynamically created graphics would be useful—let your imagination go wild!
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- New Products
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server