Building a Firewall with IP Chains
Ip chains is a very powerful tool that allows you to create many complex rules in order to protect your network. Just for fun, I built a small C program to build simple firewall scripts and simplify the rc.d process. It is open source and available at linuxgo.persogo.com.br/ipchains.html. Good places to get more information on how to build great scripts are the HOWTOs (see Resources). Read them before you start to build your own firewall scripts.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- man make: a Primer on the Make Utility
- Real World Linux Security
- Swap Your Laptop for an iPad + Linode
- Training on a Token Ring Network
- In-Vehicle Data Logging
- Customizing a Lindows MobilePC
- Turning Ubuntu into Kubuntu
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I