Building a Firewall with IP Chains
Ip chains is a very powerful tool that allows you to create many complex rules in order to protect your network. Just for fun, I built a small C program to build simple firewall scripts and simplify the rc.d process. It is open source and available at linuxgo.persogo.com.br/ipchains.html. Good places to get more information on how to build great scripts are the HOWTOs (see Resources). Read them before you start to build your own firewall scripts.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.Join us!
- Picking Out the Nouns
- Tips for Optimizing Linux Memory Usage
- "No Reboot" Kernel Patching - And Why You Should Care
- DevOps: Better Than the Sum of Its Parts
- Return of the Mac
- Android Candy: Intercoms
- Drupageddon: SQL Injection, Database Abstraction and Hundreds of Thousands of Web Sites
- Non-Linux FOSS: .NET?
- Consent That Goes Both Ways