Web Analysis Using Analog
Using script files allows Analog to create several reports, one after the other. After the configuration files, the script files are the next step. I use one hourly script to create the Activity Report, and two daily script files: one for daily reports that are published on the Web, and the other to send the webmaster e-mail each morning. A monthly script file creates the text files that are mailed to customers each month. These scripts are shown in Listings 6-9.
When working with the web-published statistics reports, or when simply checking them periodically, it's much easier if you create an index web page for reports and bookmark it. While this may seem a common-sense thing to do, I remember my early days of experimenting with Analog and fumbling around directories to find the resulting reports. Every step toward making analyzing our logs easier means we have a little extra time to work on developing other web projects to add to the list and continue the cycle.
- Stepping into Science
- Synacor, Inc.'s Zimbra Open Source Support and Zimbra Suite Plus
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Linux Journal December 2016
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- Radio Free Linux
- Message for You, Sir!