Web Analysis Using Analog
Using script files allows Analog to create several reports, one after the other. After the configuration files, the script files are the next step. I use one hourly script to create the Activity Report, and two daily script files: one for daily reports that are published on the Web, and the other to send the webmaster e-mail each morning. A monthly script file creates the text files that are mailed to customers each month. These scripts are shown in Listings 6-9.
When working with the web-published statistics reports, or when simply checking them periodically, it's much easier if you create an index web page for reports and bookmark it. While this may seem a common-sense thing to do, I remember my early days of experimenting with Analog and fumbling around directories to find the resulting reports. Every step toward making analyzing our logs easier means we have a little extra time to work on developing other web projects to add to the list and continue the cycle.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Docker: Lightweight Linux Containers for Consistent Development and Deployment
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Senior Perl Developer