The Artists' Guide to the Gimp
If you are serious about learning the GIMP, you will find a way to put this book on your bookshelf. If you are looking for something to teach you the GIMP via a series of examples or tutorials that build upon each other, you may need to look elsewhere. The book goes further than the typical “Learn XYZ in 21 Days” book and is a comprehensive reference to the GIMP and its operation that will prove itself useful to many readers. However, in the next edition I would like to see a chapter or two that takes readers through a detailed sample project, such as the creation of a complex image similar to the Linux Journal cover art Michael has produced in the past. This would help solidify the concepts presented throughout the book and give many readers a springboard for creating works of their own.
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- Multitenant Sites
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database