The Artists' Guide to the Gimp
If you are serious about learning the GIMP, you will find a way to put this book on your bookshelf. If you are looking for something to teach you the GIMP via a series of examples or tutorials that build upon each other, you may need to look elsewhere. The book goes further than the typical “Learn XYZ in 21 Days” book and is a comprehensive reference to the GIMP and its operation that will prove itself useful to many readers. However, in the next edition I would like to see a chapter or two that takes readers through a detailed sample project, such as the creation of a complex image similar to the Linux Journal cover art Michael has produced in the past. This would help solidify the concepts presented throughout the book and give many readers a springboard for creating works of their own.
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development