Dynamic Load-Balancing DNS: dlbDNS
Currently, the gethostbyname system call fails within the BIND code. This problem is avoided by using a configuration file with a list of host and IP addresses. We'd like to find a better solution.
The rating algorithm is still not complete. An algorithm that takes into account the number of processors, CPU and memory utilization would make the rating algorithm more efficient.
At this time, only Linux servers can take part in the dynamic load-balancing scheme, as the rating algorithm uses files in the /proc file structure. A more extensible design is needed.
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Debugging Democracy