Dynamic Load-Balancing DNS: dlbDNS
Currently, the gethostbyname system call fails within the BIND code. This problem is avoided by using a configuration file with a list of host and IP addresses. We'd like to find a better solution.
The rating algorithm is still not complete. An algorithm that takes into account the number of processors, CPU and memory utilization would make the rating algorithm more efficient.
At this time, only Linux servers can take part in the dynamic load-balancing scheme, as the rating algorithm uses files in the /proc file structure. A more extensible design is needed.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
|Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor||May 12, 2015|
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu