Focus on Software
I tend to stay quite busy, but even when on the road I check my e-mail. EReminder has a lot of promise for those who need polite reminders by e-mail. Now, instead of remembering to e-mail myself a note, especially if it is a recurring requirement, I can let my system do it for me. This is a first release and a little rough, at least in the security area. The author has not yet taken advantage of MySQL's ability to encrypt passwords, so they are stored as plaintext. It requires MySQL, Apache with the php3 module compiled with MySQL, cron and a mail transport agent.
sxid is great for system administrators who want to monitor the status of suid/sgid programs. It can be run from cron and the results mailed to anyone who needs the information. Another great security tool to compliment tripwire and others. It requires glibc; cron and a mail transport agent are optional.
That's it for now, even though many more good packages are available on the Web.
|PasswordPing Ltd.'s Exposed Password and Credentials API Service||Apr 28, 2017|
|Graph Any Data with Cacti!||Apr 27, 2017|
|Be Kind, Buffer!||Apr 26, 2017|
|Preparing Data for Machine Learning||Apr 25, 2017|
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
- Graph Any Data with Cacti!
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter