Precision Farming and Linux: An Expose
Precision farming is here to stay. However, the data storage and analysis needs of precision farming are beyond the resources of most farmers. Procedures and analytical processes are not always available in “canned” packages (certainly not in any one package), so a powerful, open development environment is needed.
If you are a person who understands the philosophy of statistics and are academically inclined, precision farming might be a very interesting topic/career in which to get involved.
Gordon Haverland works for the Precision Farming Project of Alberta Agriculture, Food and Rural Development. He can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Why Python?