Now that you have your PnP card working under Linux, wouldn't it be great if those devices were set up automatically at boot time? I added the above two lines to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file, so that my sound driver is loaded each time I boot the system.
This example used what I view as the most common plug-and-play situation when using Linux—a sound card. Other PnP devices exist, such as modems and network cards. The same technique can be applied to those cards as well.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014