Editor's Choice Awards
In our October issue, we had a great article called “Linux Print System at Cisco Systems, Inc.” by Damian Ivereigh. In it, Damian described how Cisco was using Linux, Samba and Netatalk to manage approximately 1,600 printers worldwide in mission-critical environments. He also described how he did it and supplied the source code he used, so that others could also benefit from this solution—a wonderful way to contribute to the Linux community.
Linux Journal uses Linux as its operating system of choice on all but one lone machine. For layout, we must have an MS Windows 95 machine in order to run QuarkXPress. Each month we hold our breath during the layout period hoping that when Windows crashes (it always does), it won't be at a critical juncture. Crashing for no apparent reason creates extra work for Lydia Kinata, our layout artist, and much stress for all of us each month. We are more than ready to be rid of this albatross and have a total Linux shop. Next, like everyone else, we'd like Adobe to port all its products to Linux.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer