1998 Readers' Choice Awards
This year, the number of Readers' Choice awards expands once more to include 28 categories of Linux favorites. The voting took place on the Linux Journal web site for two months. Over 3000 votes were cast, with over 50% of them from Germany. This is a small number of votes considering the number of subscribers we have. Next year, exercise your right to vote and help determine the winners.
Each year it is quite a surprise to scan through the results. Go ahead, see for yourself!
Winner: Linux Network Administrator's Guide by Olaf Kirch and Andy Oram
Runner Up: Running Linux by Matt Welsh
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory