Developing Imaging Applications with XIElib
Syd Logan's text is an extensive work that thoroughly covers the X Image Extension. Since Syd worked on a sample implementation of XIE, he is well-qualified to discuss the topic. The question is whether XIE is the right solution for your imaging tasks. Its ability to offload some work to the server can be very beneficial. Granted, my graphics experience is not as extensive as it could be, but with the runtime size of some X servers already growing to over 20MB on x86 Linux, one has to wonder if XIE is a good idea or not. A thorough reading of Developing Imaging Applications with XIElib should help you answer that question.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- EdgeRouter Lite
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- SUSE, MariaDB and IBM team up to tame Big Data