Developing Imaging Applications with XIElib
Syd Logan's text is an extensive work that thoroughly covers the X Image Extension. Since Syd worked on a sample implementation of XIE, he is well-qualified to discuss the topic. The question is whether XIE is the right solution for your imaging tasks. Its ability to offload some work to the server can be very beneficial. Granted, my graphics experience is not as extensive as it could be, but with the runtime size of some X servers already growing to over 20MB on x86 Linux, one has to wonder if XIE is a good idea or not. A thorough reading of Developing Imaging Applications with XIElib should help you answer that question.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Why Python?
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python