Letters to the Editor
A friend at work brought his LJ August '98 issue in for me to look through. I bought a previous one a few months ago, but never received any notification of the free issue. I've been trying to find a place that actually carries the distribution.
However, when I was in Kingston, Ontario, Canada, I did find such a place. At the grand opening of a new bookstore called Chapters, LJ sold out in two days while all these other MS Windows magazines sat there collecting dust. The same held true for the three shelves of Linux books. By the second week, word had spread that they carried Linux books, and the shelves were soon bare.
—Richard Jones Rich_Jones@wmg.com
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- New Products
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration