Letters to the Editor
A friend at work brought his LJ August '98 issue in for me to look through. I bought a previous one a few months ago, but never received any notification of the free issue. I've been trying to find a place that actually carries the distribution.
However, when I was in Kingston, Ontario, Canada, I did find such a place. At the grand opening of a new bookstore called Chapters, LJ sold out in two days while all these other MS Windows magazines sat there collecting dust. The same held true for the three shelves of Linux books. By the second week, word had spread that they carried Linux books, and the shelves were soon bare.
—Richard Jones Rich_Jones@wmg.com
Today five randomly drawn entrants will win:
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock mug and LJ subscription
Enter to Win
|December Daily Giveaways are Back!||Dec 01, 2015|
|December 2015 Video Preview||Nov 30, 2015|
|Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot||Nov 30, 2015|
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
- Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- December Daily Giveaways are Back!
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Getting a Windows Refund in California Small Claims Court
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!