DECnet Network Protocol
Hopefully, we have given you a good overview of the Linux/DECnet connectivity available at the time of writing. However, we are still hard at work on new features and programs (see below), some of which may be ready by the time this is printed.
dapfs is a file system layer for Linux which will let you mount an OpenVMS file system onto your Linux machine.
fal is a file listener for Linux, which will allow users on OpenVMS machines to access files on network Linux machines without having to log in.
Router support is also being worked upon. This is expected to take the form of a small amount of kernel code and a user-level daemon. It will allow you to connect multiple DECnet networks to your Linux machine.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Giving Silos Their Due
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Server Hardening
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- New Products