Letters to the Editor
I just received the June 1998 LJ (love> that airmail delivery folks). In “Best of Technical Support”, Chad Robinson and Pierre Ficheux both gave useful answers to “how do I back up NT and Linux”. However, you should know that the AMANDA package (Advanced Maryland Automated Network Disk Archiver, http://www.amanda.org/) works well with NT as well as with just about any flavour of UNIX. The current release version is 2.4.0 (with 2.4.1 in snapshot development form), and people all over the world are using it to back up all sorts of machines.
—James C. McPhersonjcm@kalessin.humbug.org.au
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- EdgeRouter Lite
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- SUSE, MariaDB and IBM team up to tame Big Data