Letters to the Editor
I just received the June 1998 LJ (love> that airmail delivery folks). In “Best of Technical Support”, Chad Robinson and Pierre Ficheux both gave useful answers to “how do I back up NT and Linux”. However, you should know that the AMANDA package (Advanced Maryland Automated Network Disk Archiver, http://www.amanda.org/) works well with NT as well as with just about any flavour of UNIX. The current release version is 2.4.0 (with 2.4.1 in snapshot development form), and people all over the world are using it to back up all sorts of machines.
—James C. McPhersonjcm@kalessin.humbug.org.au
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- New Products
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python