Managing AFS: Andrew File System
Transarc has ported AFS to most commercial UNIX platforms, as well as NT. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has made several non-Transarc supported ports of AFS to various other architectures. The MIT ports used source code owned by Transarc. (The source code is reported to be available for a reasonable price.) Therefore, access to the MIT ports requires one to be an AFS licensee or affiliated with an organization who is an AFS licensee. Linux AFS is one of the several ports made by MIT.
Daniel Lazenby holds a BS in Decision Sciences. He first encountered UNIX in 1983 and discovered Linux in 1994. Today he provides engineering support for a range of platforms running Linux, AIX and HP/UX. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Technical Support Rep
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python