Linux Print System at Cisco Systems, Inc.
Using regular UNIX tools and SDDB, we have created a distributed machine with multiple facets in the form of physically separate servers throughout the world. There has been no magic in doing this. It has been accomplished simply by fixing problems in a general way with an eye to the future. Linux has proved to be quite capable of holding its own in this large, “mission-critical” environment. Nothing is stopping multiple Linux servers from providing “big system” functionality and manageability.
For more information or to download the source for the code discussed in this article, go to http://www.tpp.org/CiscoPrint/.
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Privacy Is Personal
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Django Templates
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet
- The AtoMiC Toolkit!