Specialized Systems Consultants, Inc. (SSC) announced the publication of the Tcl Pocket Reference and the Tk Pocket Reference. The Tcl (“tickle”) Reference describes Tcl 7.3; the Tk (“tee-kay”) Reference describes Tk version 4.0. Tcl is a small, embeddable, extensible scripting language. Tk is a Toolkit of widgets, which are graphical objects similar to those of other GUI toolkits such as Xlib, Xview and Motif. When Tcl and Tk are used together, the Tcl/Tk programming system can be used to rapidly build useful applications (such as adding X-based front-ends). The Tcl and Tk References are sold individually for $3.00 each or together as a package (ISBN: 0-916151-80-8) for $4.50.
Nikhil Nair and James Bowde announced the first public release of BRLTTY, a software system to allow access to the console of a Unix system for users of soft Braille displays. BRLTTY requires a Linux system with kernel version 1.1.92 or later. BRLTTY only works with text-mode applications. The package is available at sunsite.unc.edu in the directory /pub/Linux/utils/console.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- New Products
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- August 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming