Linux Performance Tuning for the Faint of Heart
The kernel sources are available at a large number of Linux ftp sites, including sunsite.unc.edu in /pub/Linux/kernel, tsx-11.mit.edu in /pub/linux/sources/system, and nic.funet.fi in /pub/OS/Linux/kernel/src. Kernel sources stored at these sites are typically gzipped tar files with filenames of linux-version.tar.gz.
If you got Linux from a distributor, they may have already given you the kernel source. If they haven't, they are required by the GNU General Public License to make it available to you.
Clarence Smith, Jr. is a student at the University of Washington, working on a Public Relations and Sociology degree. He hopes to develop an increased knowledge of the Linux Operating System by the development of some useful software tools. Clarence lives by the hacker ethic of striving for perfection, based on a beutiful line of code and functionality.
- Bruce Nikkel's Practical Forensic Imaging (No Starch Press)
- Transitioning to Python 3
- Progress on Privacy
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Stepping into Science
- Radio Free Linux
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution