Linux Performance Tuning for the Faint of Heart
The kernel sources are available at a large number of Linux ftp sites, including sunsite.unc.edu in /pub/Linux/kernel, tsx-11.mit.edu in /pub/linux/sources/system, and nic.funet.fi in /pub/OS/Linux/kernel/src. Kernel sources stored at these sites are typically gzipped tar files with filenames of linux-version.tar.gz.
If you got Linux from a distributor, they may have already given you the kernel source. If they haven't, they are required by the GNU General Public License to make it available to you.
Clarence Smith, Jr. is a student at the University of Washington, working on a Public Relations and Sociology degree. He hopes to develop an increased knowledge of the Linux Operating System by the development of some useful software tools. Clarence lives by the hacker ethic of striving for perfection, based on a beutiful line of code and functionality.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- RSS Feeds
- Senior Perl Developer