Linux Performance Tuning for the Faint of Heart
The kernel sources are available at a large number of Linux ftp sites, including sunsite.unc.edu in /pub/Linux/kernel, tsx-11.mit.edu in /pub/linux/sources/system, and nic.funet.fi in /pub/OS/Linux/kernel/src. Kernel sources stored at these sites are typically gzipped tar files with filenames of linux-version.tar.gz.
If you got Linux from a distributor, they may have already given you the kernel source. If they haven't, they are required by the GNU General Public License to make it available to you.
Clarence Smith, Jr. is a student at the University of Washington, working on a Public Relations and Sociology degree. He hopes to develop an increased knowledge of the Linux Operating System by the development of some useful software tools. Clarence lives by the hacker ethic of striving for perfection, based on a beutiful line of code and functionality.
|NTPsec: a Secure, Hardened NTP Implementation||Mar 30, 2017|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension||Mar 29, 2017|
|Hybrid Cloud Storage Delivers Performance and Value||Mar 29, 2017|
|smbclient Security for Windows Printing and File Transfer||Mar 28, 2017|
|How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO||Mar 27, 2017|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!||Mar 27, 2017|
- NTPsec: a Secure, Hardened NTP Implementation
- smbclient Security for Windows Printing and File Transfer
- Hybrid Cloud Storage Delivers Performance and Value
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now
- Hodge Podge