Linux Performance Tuning for the Faint of Heart
The kernel sources are available at a large number of Linux ftp sites, including sunsite.unc.edu in /pub/Linux/kernel, tsx-11.mit.edu in /pub/linux/sources/system, and nic.funet.fi in /pub/OS/Linux/kernel/src. Kernel sources stored at these sites are typically gzipped tar files with filenames of linux-version.tar.gz.
If you got Linux from a distributor, they may have already given you the kernel source. If they haven't, they are required by the GNU General Public License to make it available to you.
Clarence Smith, Jr. is a student at the University of Washington, working on a Public Relations and Sociology degree. He hopes to develop an increased knowledge of the Linux Operating System by the development of some useful software tools. Clarence lives by the hacker ethic of striving for perfection, based on a beutiful line of code and functionality.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- New Products
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python