Learning C++ With Linux
Becoming proficient in C++ takes time and effort, but you can gain a career advantage by learning it on your own using Linux. I suggest trying an iterative approach which alternates between reading books and writing your own code. You may also want to consider some formal training.
Ideally you will be able to find a mentor to guide you and answer questions as you embark on your C++ education. More likely, you will find yourself the mentor for co-workers who will learn from your mistakes. I wish you success in your journey.
(Jeff.Tranter@Software.Mitel.com) works as a professional programmer. His Linux-related interests currently include C++, LaTeX, and multimedia.
- Transitioning to Python 3
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Stepping into Science
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Downloading an Entire Web Site with wget
- Radio Free Linux
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II