Learning C++ With Linux
Becoming proficient in C++ takes time and effort, but you can gain a career advantage by learning it on your own using Linux. I suggest trying an iterative approach which alternates between reading books and writing your own code. You may also want to consider some formal training.
Ideally you will be able to find a mentor to guide you and answer questions as you embark on your C++ education. More likely, you will find yourself the mentor for co-workers who will learn from your mistakes. I wish you success in your journey.
(Jeff.Tranter@Software.Mitel.com) works as a professional programmer. His Linux-related interests currently include C++, LaTeX, and multimedia.
- Stepping into Science
- Synacor, Inc.'s Zimbra Open Source Support and Zimbra Suite Plus
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Linux Journal December 2016
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Radio Free Linux
- Message for You, Sir!