Linux Programming Hints
Jun 01, 1994 By Michael K. Johnson
This article will explain how to program the VT interface to do things which can't easily be done with “escape sequences” on a Linux console, giving a reference for the ioctl()'s needed to do this. Much of this column is derived from a document written by Orest, as he is interested in disseminating this information further.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- New Products