bridge: Hardware device used to connect multiple networks by passing packets. Can pass all data between networks or be set to selectively pass traffic by filtering certain packets.
firewall: Combination of hardware and software applications used to create a gateway and provide controlled access from an external network to an internal corporate or organizational network By reviewing all traffic and selectively allowing data to pass, the firewall protects the internal network from possible hostile action.
Copyright 1994 William H. Holt. Reprinted with permission from Unix: An Open Systems Dictionary, by William H. Holt & Rockie J. Morgan, published by Resolution Business Press.
|Hacking a Safe with Bash||Jul 28, 2015|
|KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile||Jul 28, 2015|
|Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu||Jul 23, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 22, 2015|
|Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator||Jul 21, 2015|
|Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems||Jul 20, 2015|
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- How to Deliver Hybrid Apps in 2 Weeks [Webcast]
- General Relativity in Python