Samba's Encrypted Password Support
In spite of the lengthy explanation of problems associated with SMB-encrypted passwords, it is still a good idea to make use of them. Even a slightly half-baked encrypted-password algorithm is superior to transmitting plaintext passwords across a network. Keeping the smbpasswd file secure and making sure users don't choose easily-guessed passwords will help minimize the risks.
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- The Usability of GNOME
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- February 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Web Development
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database