Samba's Encrypted Password Support
In spite of the lengthy explanation of problems associated with SMB-encrypted passwords, it is still a good idea to make use of them. Even a slightly half-baked encrypted-password algorithm is superior to transmitting plaintext passwords across a network. Keeping the smbpasswd file secure and making sure users don't choose easily-guessed passwords will help minimize the risks.
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Server Hardening
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Giving Silos Their Due
- New Products
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation