ICC11 is a high quality, low cost compiler package that runs on the Linux, OS/2 2.x, and DOS environments. Features include: interspersed C and assembly output, ability to assign different names to text and data sections, allowing better memory utilization, a comprehensive 90 page manual, a fast almost-ANSI C conformant compiler with built-in peephole optimizer, assembler, linker, and librarian, standard C header files and library functions, HC11 specific support such as embedded assembly, pragma for declaring interrupt functions, etc, and calling conventions compatible with other compilers. Technical support over the Internet is available. REXIS, an add-on multitasking executive with subsumption architecture semantics for controlling mobile robots, is also available.
Price: $45.00, plus shipping and handling. Contact: ImageCraft, P.O. Box 64226, Sunnyvale, CA 94088-4226, (408)749-0702. E-mail: email@example.com.
Interactive Software Engineering, Inc. (ISE) and Prentice Hall announced the publication of Seamless Object-Oriented Software Architecture: Analysis and Design of Reliable Systems, by Kim Walden and Jean-Marc Nerson (ISBN 0-13-031303-3). This book covers fundamentals and advanced concepts of O-O technology. The authors draw from their extensive experience of consulting on large scale O-O projects worldwide and managing the development of reusable component libraries for large corporations.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- Wine 1.8 Released