Accelerated X Laptop Display Server v4.1
I must admit, I'm very happy to run my laptop with more than just 16 colors under Linux, and I'm very pleased with the speed of the Accelerated X server. But I am very disappointed with the problems that still linger in the product. At version 4.1 and a price tag of $200US, I expected a highly polished product with no bugs or glitches in basic functionality. It is particularly frustrating to see the product hitting so close and yet missing the mark.
If Xi Graphics can iron out these problems and perhaps bring the price down to a level with its Desktop Server product, I will have no difficulty wholeheartedly endorsing this product. Even as it is, I do recommend it as an adequate solution for those who find they need more capability than Xfree86 can give them on their hardware.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- HEC Montréal: Deployment of a Large-Scale Mail Installation
- Overlay Images on Video Using MPlayer and MEncoder
- ebook2cw-E-book to Morse Code Conversion
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Using Django and MongoDB to Build a Blog
- RSS Feeds
- KDE Codes Conduct, Working Group, and Fiduciary Duty