Accelerated X Laptop Display Server v4.1
I must admit, I'm very happy to run my laptop with more than just 16 colors under Linux, and I'm very pleased with the speed of the Accelerated X server. But I am very disappointed with the problems that still linger in the product. At version 4.1 and a price tag of $200US, I expected a highly polished product with no bugs or glitches in basic functionality. It is particularly frustrating to see the product hitting so close and yet missing the mark.
If Xi Graphics can iron out these problems and perhaps bring the price down to a level with its Desktop Server product, I will have no difficulty wholeheartedly endorsing this product. Even as it is, I do recommend it as an adequate solution for those who find they need more capability than Xfree86 can give them on their hardware.
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- FinTech and SAP HANA
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- Five HPC Cost Considerations to Maximize ROI
- Hodge Podge
- GRUB Boot from ISO