X-Designer is a mature tool, and its authors have learned all the tricks of the GUI-builder business. It won two Advanced System Magazine Best Product of the Year awards (1993 and 1995) and was the X Advisor Best Product in 1995. Its features make it the most advanced GUI building tool available, to my knowledge. The basic functionality is accessible via a very straightforward and efficient user interface, which never bothers you with unnecessary dialogues, questions and myriad different windows.
X-Designer is highly configurable on multiple levels, so it can be suited to an individual company's internal demand and further tailored to the needs of each user or department subdivision. You can even change the default widget icons into more colorful ones or disable the use of certain Motif widgets, if you wish.
X-Designer is a tool for tough GUI professionals who cannot let the GUI builder dictate their shipping deadlines. For home users, it is a tool from another world, which makes me sigh sadly at the thought of the approaching date when my reviewer's license expires.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Web Administration Scripts
1 min 43 sec ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
26 min 39 sec ago
- Nothing is perfect
39 min 58 sec ago
- Mixtapes Community
6 hours 18 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
6 hours 53 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
7 hours 21 min ago
9 hours 16 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
10 hours 36 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
13 hours 9 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
14 hours 6 min ago