The Perl Debugger
The final concern with using the debugger is compilation. Because the debugger is actually just debugging code inserted into your script, it is necessary that your script be compilable. That is, there should be no syntax errors.
Mastering the Perl 5 debugger is almost as useful as mastering Perl 5 itself. It allows you to take part in the actual execution of your program, to examine and experiment. It allows you to kill the bugs.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Server Hardening
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- New Products
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation