The Perl Debugger
The final concern with using the debugger is compilation. Because the debugger is actually just debugging code inserted into your script, it is necessary that your script be compilable. That is, there should be no syntax errors.
Mastering the Perl 5 debugger is almost as useful as mastering Perl 5 itself. It allows you to take part in the actual execution of your program, to examine and experiment. It allows you to kill the bugs.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- New Products
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development