The Perl Debugger
The final concern with using the debugger is compilation. Because the debugger is actually just debugging code inserted into your script, it is necessary that your script be compilable. That is, there should be no syntax errors.
Mastering the Perl 5 debugger is almost as useful as mastering Perl 5 itself. It allows you to take part in the actual execution of your program, to examine and experiment. It allows you to kill the bugs.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Product Review: Vonage DigitalVoice
- Community-Based Recording Studios: A Look into the Future
- Practical Threat Analysis and Risk Management
- Introduction to Sound Programming with ALSA
- Creating Games with Pygame
- Linux Journal Contents #50, June 1998
- Work the Shell - Solve: a Command-Line Calculator
- Recovery of RAID and LVM2 Volumes