Washington, D.C. Local Users' Group Installfest
The Washington, D.C. Local Users' Group, with the help of the Manassas, Virginia LUGMAN, holds Installfests to help members upgrade and to encourage new Linuxers to take the plunge. The group is fortunate to have the use of a laboratory at a local medical school as to hold the 'Fests. The LUG provides a 10baseT network and server; participants connect to it and grab needed sources.
The photographs on this page were taken at our third Installfest, held this past August. We were honored by the attendance of Red Hat's crack development team. Jon “maddog” Hall from DEC also visited, perhaps to find out if there really is anything to that persistent rumor about Linux on the DEC Alpha!
In the end, upwards of 45 folks left with Rembrandt (4.0 Beta) Red Hat installed and working on their systems.
Visit the Washington, D.C. LUG web site: http://linux.wauug.org/.
|Daily Giveaway - Fun Prizes from Red Hat!||Oct 25, 2016|
|Installing and Running a Headless Virtualization Server||Oct 25, 2016|
|Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim||Oct 21, 2016|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!||Oct 20, 2016|
|Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8||Oct 19, 2016|
|Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core||Oct 19, 2016|
- Installing and Running a Headless Virtualization Server
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Daily Giveaway - Fun Prizes from Red Hat!
- Daily Giveaway
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Returning Values from Bash Functions