Washington, D.C. Local Users' Group Installfest
The Washington, D.C. Local Users' Group, with the help of the Manassas, Virginia LUGMAN, holds Installfests to help members upgrade and to encourage new Linuxers to take the plunge. The group is fortunate to have the use of a laboratory at a local medical school as to hold the 'Fests. The LUG provides a 10baseT network and server; participants connect to it and grab needed sources.
The photographs on this page were taken at our third Installfest, held this past August. We were honored by the attendance of Red Hat's crack development team. Jon “maddog” Hall from DEC also visited, perhaps to find out if there really is anything to that persistent rumor about Linux on the DEC Alpha!
In the end, upwards of 45 folks left with Rembrandt (4.0 Beta) Red Hat installed and working on their systems.
Visit the Washington, D.C. LUG web site: http://linux.wauug.org/.
- Two Pi R
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- AIDE—Developing for Android on Android
- Best. Cake. Ever.
- The Geek's Guide to the Coolest 2013 Holiday Gifts
- A Handy U-Boot Trick
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Uber jealous
1 hour 45 min ago
- Reality is disapointing
12 hours 18 min ago
- Máy sấy quần áo
15 hours 4 min ago
- Services on GlusterFS
15 hours 13 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
16 hours 54 min ago
- Definitely cool stuff here
17 hours 55 min ago
- thanks for the information
19 hours 6 min ago
- nice information thanks
19 hours 45 min ago
22 hours 40 min ago
- The lost opportunity of security
1 day 10 hours ago