Strategic Forecasting, L.L.C. announced the release of MPAS (Multi-Platform Access System). MPAS provides resource management functionality similar to NT and Novell but at a lower cost. It runs on DOS, Windows 3.x and Windows95 clients and supports links to virtually any server platform. MPAS' single step login provides a cross-platform system interface allowing Windows and DOS users controlled, secure access to personal or shared files from any server on the network. The system administrator can re-map a user's virtual drives in a matter of minutes. Maintenance and system changes can be performed without interference to the user's activities. MPAS version 1.01 is available at a special introductory price of $10 per client with a minimum 20 seat purchase.
Contact: Strategic Forecasting, L.L.C., 617 North Blvd., Suite 400 Baton Rouge, LA 70802, Phone: 504-267-5507. Fax: 504-267-4108, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: http://www.mpas.com/.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- Wine 1.8 Released