Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment
I have felt for many years that programming and construction are related. Migrating from DOS programming to Linux is like moving from wood-frame house construction to the construction of sky scrapers using concrete, steel and glass. Such a transition requires understanding new materials and how they interact. That is precisely the information provided by Stevens's book. He describes basic library calls, uses them in small code segments and pieces them together in several larger projects. I heartily recommend this book and hope your mileage will be as good as mine.
David Bausum received a Ph.D. in mathematics from Yale in 1974. Since the early 80's most of his energy has gone into software development and related activities. He coedited The Journal of Military History Cumulative Index: Vols 1-58, 1937-1994. He can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com.
|Chemistry on the Desktop||Mar 23, 2017|
|Five HPC Cost Considerations to Maximize ROI||Mar 23, 2017|
|Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution||Mar 22, 2017|
|Android Candy: That App Is for the Birds!||Mar 22, 2017|
|Hodge Podge||Mar 21, 2017|
|William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)||Mar 20, 2017|
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- Five HPC Cost Considerations to Maximize ROI
- Hodge Podge
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- GRUB Boot from ISO
- Android Candy: That App Is for the Birds!