Need More Info?
I wish that movement within nodes responded to the page up and page down keys. That would be more intuitive for most people. Color syntax highlighting might also be a nice touch. Basically, info works fine just as it is.
If you're used to hypertext in the sense of HTML and Netscape, info may seem spartan by comparison. Indeed, a lot of documentation these days is in HTML form, and info may quietly fade away in Netscape's wake. But keep in mind that info's man page was first copyrighted in 1989—quite a while before hypertext in the present sense came about. For an all-ASCII system that's going on 10 years old, it does a pretty darn good job.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- New Products
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- RSS Feeds