A Practical Guide to Linux
May 01, 1998 By Todd Sundsted
This book is written for the “next” generation of Linux users—programmers, web designers and technically oriented people who are looking for an alternative to Microsoft's operating system and products—rather than the “hacker” generation (who brought Linux to this point).
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- New Products
- Wine 1.8 Released