Streaming Audio in Linux
It is very important to have the basic, digital-audio concepts clear in mind during the implementation process of an application, otherwise there is the risk of a misconception or tiny mistakes that are difficult to locate.
The great number of programs available around the net show that this kind of resource is appealing, and they also provide you with a base at which to begin programming, so you do not have to start from scratch.
I have purposely left the implementation details out of this article, since it would be impossible to keep it both concise and accurate, as well as helpful. Again, I suggest to those interested in the inner details to go to the links mentioned and download some of the existing applications to learn how they were coded.
Siome Klein Goldenstein is an Electronic Engineer and has a MS in Computer Science (Graphics). By the time of printing he will be starting a PhD in Computer Science at University of Pennsylvania.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- New Products
- RSS Feeds
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python