Building Projects With Imake
In some cases, it is useful to write your own custom rules for generating Makefiles. The Imake system makes it easy to specify a different set of configuration files than the usual /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config. This kind of customization is beyond the scope of this article, but O'Reilly publishes a great book on Imake that has several chapters devoted specifically to this topic. See Resources for more information on that book.
Otto is a developer at Red Hat Software who is currently very busy with the next release of Red Hat Linux. He can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Technical Support Rep
- RSS Feeds