Building Projects With Imake
In some cases, it is useful to write your own custom rules for generating Makefiles. The Imake system makes it easy to specify a different set of configuration files than the usual /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config. This kind of customization is beyond the scope of this article, but O'Reilly publishes a great book on Imake that has several chapters devoted specifically to this topic. See Resources for more information on that book.
Otto is a developer at Red Hat Software who is currently very busy with the next release of Red Hat Linux. He can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- New Products
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- RSS Feeds