Letters to the Editor
Greetings! I am writing in response to Cory Plock's letter to the Editor in the February 1997 issue of Linux Journal about not finding Linux distributions in stores.
I have been able to find Slackware and Red Hat in the major software stores in Houston for some time now, and I can even go into a few major book stores and not only find lots of books on Linux with their bundled distributions, but I have even found Red Hat 4.0 and Applixware on the shelf! I guess Linux has caught on earlier in some parts of the country than others. (At the first ever Houston Linux Users Group organizational meeting, we had over 150 people show up!) Don Harper Pencom Systems Incorporated firstname.lastname@example.org
That's good news!
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- New Products
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- Giving Silos Their Due