Letters to the Editor
Greetings! I am writing in response to Cory Plock's letter to the Editor in the February 1997 issue of Linux Journal about not finding Linux distributions in stores.
I have been able to find Slackware and Red Hat in the major software stores in Houston for some time now, and I can even go into a few major book stores and not only find lots of books on Linux with their bundled distributions, but I have even found Red Hat 4.0 and Applixware on the shelf! I guess Linux has caught on earlier in some parts of the country than others. (At the first ever Houston Linux Users Group organizational meeting, we had over 150 people show up!) Don Harper Pencom Systems Incorporated firstname.lastname@example.org
That's good news!
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu