Letters to the Editor
Greetings! I am writing in response to Cory Plock's letter to the Editor in the February 1997 issue of Linux Journal about not finding Linux distributions in stores.
I have been able to find Slackware and Red Hat in the major software stores in Houston for some time now, and I can even go into a few major book stores and not only find lots of books on Linux with their bundled distributions, but I have even found Red Hat 4.0 and Applixware on the shelf! I guess Linux has caught on earlier in some parts of the country than others. (At the first ever Houston Linux Users Group organizational meeting, we had over 150 people show up!) Don Harper Pencom Systems Incorporated firstname.lastname@example.org
That's good news!
Today five randomly drawn entrants will win:
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock mug and LJ subscription
Enter to Win
|December Daily Giveaways are Back!||Dec 01, 2015|
|December 2015 Video Preview||Nov 30, 2015|
|Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot||Nov 30, 2015|
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
- Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment