Letters to the Editor
Greetings! I am writing in response to Cory Plock's letter to the Editor in the February 1997 issue of Linux Journal about not finding Linux distributions in stores.
I have been able to find Slackware and Red Hat in the major software stores in Houston for some time now, and I can even go into a few major book stores and not only find lots of books on Linux with their bundled distributions, but I have even found Red Hat 4.0 and Applixware on the shelf! I guess Linux has caught on earlier in some parts of the country than others. (At the first ever Houston Linux Users Group organizational meeting, we had over 150 people show up!) Don Harper Pencom Systems Incorporated email@example.com
That's good news!
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Using Django and MongoDB to Build a Blog
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts