Graphical Applications Using MetaCard
The real power of this graphical top is that it's easy to modify to suit your needs. You could easily add columns to display some of the other information shown in the character-based top, or change the signal used to kill a process. Since MetaCard has built-in object graphics capabilities, you could even add a graphical display of the resources used by individual processes over time.
You can get the MetaCard top stack from Linux Journal's ftp site, but you'll need to get the MetaCard engine from the MetaCard WWW site http://www.metacard.com or FTP site ftp://ftp.metacard.com/MetaCard/.
Scott Raney (email@example.com) is president of MetaCard Corporation, a vendor of multimedia and GUI development tools based on high-level languages and direct manipulation interfaces.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- RSS Feeds
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie