Graphical Applications Using MetaCard
The real power of this graphical top is that it's easy to modify to suit your needs. You could easily add columns to display some of the other information shown in the character-based top, or change the signal used to kill a process. Since MetaCard has built-in object graphics capabilities, you could even add a graphical display of the resources used by individual processes over time.
You can get the MetaCard top stack from Linux Journal's ftp site, but you'll need to get the MetaCard engine from the MetaCard WWW site http://www.metacard.com or FTP site ftp://ftp.metacard.com/MetaCard/.
Scott Raney (email@example.com) is president of MetaCard Corporation, a vendor of multimedia and GUI development tools based on high-level languages and direct manipulation interfaces.
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Django Templates
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development