The Dotfile Generator
Additional information as well as information on work currently in progress can be found on http://www.imada.ou.dk/~blackie/dotfile/, the home page of TDG.
I have just finished a module for procmail, a mail filter for sorting your incoming e-mail.
John D. Hardin (firstname.lastname@example.org) is working on a module for configuring the firewalling and IP Masquerading setup for stand-alone systems connected to the Internet via dial up. He may expand it to more general firewalling in the future.
If you have the time, I would like to encourage you to develop a module for your favorite program. On the home page of TDG there is a link to a document that describes how to create a module for TDG. Send me e-mail at email@example.com, and I will be happy to help you get started.
Jesper Pedersen lives in Odense, Denmark, where he has studied computer science at Odense University since 1990. He is a system manager at the university and also teaches computer science. In his spare time, he does Jiu-Jitsu, listens to music, drinks beer and has fun with his girlfriend. He loves pets, and has a 200 litre aquarium and two very cute rabbits. His home page can be found at http://www.imada.ou.dk/~blackie/, and he can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Server Hardening
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software