Due to delays in getting the article to print, the price given in our review of the OpenLook and XView CD-ROM from Darwin Open Systems published in the December 1996 issue of LJ was in error. Since the writing of the article, Darwin Open Systems has reduced the price on their XView and OPEN LOOK CD-ROM from US$30 to US$20. The “hybrid” CD-ROM also includes an update link which has pointers to Contool and an X-based PDF reader (xpdf), both of which the reviewer commented upon. Darwin's URL was also omitted from the review: http://www.darwinsys.com/. We thank Ian Darwin for keeping us up to date.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- Wine 1.8 Released