Linux--The Internet Appliance?
There is a real chance for a serious win-win situation here. If all goes according to plan, there will be millions of new Linux boxes out there in the world, millions of people will get Internet access at a lower cost than they would have otherwise, some hardware manufacturers will make money, and some money will end up in the hands of people who worked on the software. For the long-term, these millions of new Linux users will soon want to buy that word processor, spreadsheet and personal information manager. Everybody wins.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.Join us!
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: High-Performance Computing
- Not So Dynamic Updates
- April 2015 Video Preview
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- New Products
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Tighten Up SSH